Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Shower Day- Oh How I've Missed a Full Shower


It's amazing how much a person misses something as basic as a full shower- while I appreciated the addition of the hand held shower my Pep installed and it felt good to "half shower" it's not the same as a full shower.

Problem that's presented at this time is- I still have two drains- I can't very well just leave them dangling so how am I going to attempt this- see below for the contraption I've been wearing- WARNING- NOT FOR THE FAINT AT HEART- sorry for the gruesomeness but it's real and actually not as bad now that there are only the two.
This is the contraption you wear to help with compression and to secure the drains to


It's the first time that I'm seeing the full frontal effect of what's been done- i had peaked but it was still mostly covered by bandages- I really didn't want to look- figured i would wait but with all this drain business going on it wasn't an option.
While the incisions are less than I had expected - it's still a pretty gruesome thing to see your body and what's been done to it. 
Don't get me wrong- I'm thankful to be alive- I count my blessings every day that this wasn't worse but holy man it's hard to not let that hit home- and yes since I cry in the shower I felt I was in the right room- so yes I cried a little


Me being the problem solver I am- i tie my swimsuit top around my neck- attach the drains to that and commence with my slow but amazing shower.

It really is the small things like shaving your armpits- oh Lord that's nice.

Getting the swimsuit top off and new "better" contraption on took me longer than the actual shower but was well worth it.

I have to say that I feel better in the new mastectomy bra i had bought- glad I got three of them in different colors- they are pretty comfy and supportive and don't look as "medical" as the other one.


Somewhat better contraption- at least it looks a little more normal and it's pretty comfy




No comments:

Post a Comment