Thursday, January 7, 2016

CANCER FREE BABY

CANCER FREE BABY

Two small words that really are quite amazing to hear. CANCER FREE.

Tuesday was the best day I could have hoped for.
Seeing my new buddy Dr. Gottlieb and having the last of those nasty drains removed was amazing.
The fill process for the expanders was quite unnerving- here's the deal with Youtube- you can use it to either prepare for what's coming OR freak yourself out.

I accomplished both when viewing the video below-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bGdeeONw1o

It gave me a good idea of what to expect but when you see what they do it's kind of messed up.

Doc Gottlieb didn't need to use the little magical port finder- he was able to find it without.
The cool thing is since I'm numb now I had no need for them to numb me.
I could feel pressure when they put the needle in but no pain.
They fill until you feel slight discomfort and pressure.
For me that was 70 cc on each side. I think the weirdest part was feeling them take the needle out- feels like a slight pop and pressure but thankfully no pain.

Dr. Seydel was next and she had all the final text results, CANCER FREE!!!!
Yup, that's me. Nothing had spread outside the tumors so no worries there and since there were such good margins I wouldn't need to see the oncologist or go on the meds for the next 5 years.

Life is good.
No annual mammograms, no annual MRI's to check anything spreading, no nothing!
Well, I need to see Seydel once a year but that's it.

Now all i needed to do was finish the next phase of the reconstruction, have the expanders removed and permanent implants put in.

My dear Pep is not looking forward to another surgery but i assured him this one would be a piece of cake compared to the one we just went through.
No drains - just a couple of days of pain and then it would be better.






No comments:

Post a Comment