Thursday, January 14, 2016

Jackpot

No, I did not win any of the billion dollar lottery but I got to thinking about the Jackpot I have hit and that's how and what my life is right now.

It might seem odd for someone to say that after the surgery but when I think about all of the "bad" things that have happened to in my life- all of those things have now led me to where I am, which is a pretty good spot from what I see.

A little history and this might give people the understanding of why I think "It is what it is" should be my life motto.

1. Right before I was 15 I was in a car accident, I broke my hips and pelvis in 5 places- sounds awful right? Well it was, at the time. But what this taught me is that it could have been way worse. I could have died, others in the car could have died. I could have been hurt much worse, could have been paralyzed. I'm not- duh? Docs at the time said I may not be able to have kids- I did- and they are pretty amazing kids.

2. Married- twice- yeah I know- both of my marriages ended due to infidelity- Now you may be asking yourself how can that be something good? It wasn't - but it brought me to where I am today and since I couldn't change the actions of others- It is what it is.

3. Dad died when he was in his early 40's - i'll say that this is the one instance that there is no good to be found- but- It is what it is. A person figures out what's important and to enjoy life. This is how my dad lived his - full blast all the time. Humor got him through a lot and that say outlook works for my siblings and I. My poor mother.

4. Breast Cancer- yeah I know- the C word- but again it could have been way worse- and it wasn't. It isn't. 

I hit the jackpot!

No comments:

Post a Comment